Shine

How to get Current account in France for non-residents in France, but in the EuroZone

paloi

Nouveau membre
Hi All,

My apologies for writing in English, but my French is very crappy, although I can understand some written French.

I am Spanish, tax resident in Spain, living in Spain (600 km far away from the French border) at the moment and without a French address.
I would like to have a French current bank account with checks available at no-cost or low costs.

I have been trying several banks, like LaNet(BNP), ING, HelloBank, Fortuneo, DBank, CortalCorsons, Borusama ... but all of them force you to have a French address, or being French-tax resident or going to a bank branch in France to initiate the process.

I am not planning to travel to France any time soon, but I would like to open several savings deposits/savings account available now in France for resident, but also for non-residents, as the savings account/deposits options is now dead in both, Spain and the Netherlands, that are the 2 countries where I have lived recently.

In many of the French cool banks advertise on-line, the process get stopped because either you need a French address, or you need to provide a check from a French bank, in order to validate the account and complete the opening process.

I already have a savings account in CIC-Iberbanco, but this account does not have check available and the current account there seems pretty expensive, like 6€ per month, when I will use that account only for few transfers and to issue check to validate the opening or other savings accounts.
I also got in touch with CA sud mediterranee, but their commissions were too high, for maintenance and for trasnfers ....

So, does anyone have any advice or suggestion in a bank that offers:
+ Current account with check free or with low commissions.
+ Possible to open for non-French tax-residents, without a French address.
- I do not care about the bank (debit/credit) card, I have many others.
- I do not mind if the written documentation / web site is in French only, I will find my way.

Thanks,
Pablo.

It seems very hard to find a bank with low fees, which accept to provide services for non-frenh tax-residents in France. Furthermore, you have to know that in france, all the fees in traditionnal banks, material banks are very high. I think you can search only on online banks but apparently you have try several banks and it doesn't work.

May I ask why you want so strongly a French account ?

Disuclpame para mi inglès, tio.

Hi All,

My apologies for writing in English, but my French is very crappy, although I can understand some written French.

I am Spanish, tax resident in Spain, living in Spain (600 km far away from the French border) at the moment and without a French address.
I would like to have a French current bank account with checks available at no-cost or low costs.

Lo siento confirmarlo que eso no se puede : un extranjero no residente en Francia puede abrir una cuenta bancaria en Francia bajo la condicion de vivir al menos 3 meses en el año en el pais.
No entiendo bien por que razon usted quiere abrir cuentas bancarias en Francia ?

Sorry to inform you that it won't be possible : a no resident foreign citizen can open a bank account in France under condition to live at least 3 months a year in the country.
Btw I'm not sure to understand why you'd like to open a bank account in France ?

Lo siento confirmarlo que eso no se puede : un extranjero no residente en Francia puede abrir una cuenta bancaria en Francia bajo la condicion de vivir al menos 3 meses en el año en el pais.
No entiendo bien por que razon usted quiere abrir cuentas bancarias en Francia ?

Sorry to inform you that it won't be possible : a no resident foreign citizen can open a bank account in France under condition to live at least 3 months a year in the country.
Btw I'm not sure to understand why you'd like to open a bank account in France ?

Thanks for your both, very prompt answers. Excellent English and Spanish, but you can answer in French too, if that is faster for you, I will be able to understand.

The goal is to have savings accounts in France. They produce now more (better interest rate) in France than in Spain or the Netherlands.
Promotional period at 5 or4% and afterwards 2 or 2,25%.

In Spain or in the Netherlands currently, the best products (savings accounts or deposits) produce 1,75% to 2% maximum.

Besides of that, having the savings over several countries spread the risk in case one of the countries goes in default [bankruptcy].

To open a Savings account in France, generally speaking, they ask you for a check from a French bank. This is where I need a current account in France with checks. On top of that requirement, many savings accounts, as you have described, are only for residents in France :(((

The goal is to have savings accounts in France. They produce now more (better interest rate) in France than in Spain or the Netherlands.
Promotional period at 5 or4% and afterwards 2 or 2,25%.

Primero esas promociones son cortas y por culpa de la metodologia de calculo de los intereses en esas cuentas se pierde una parte al inicio y al fin. Asi que en realidad no gana 4 o 5% pero en mejor caso 3% o 3,5%. Y de toda forma esas promociones solo pueden disfrutarlas franceses residente en Francia. Tambien para los franceses no residente es dificil conseguir cuenta de ese tipo. Por eso le digo que para un extranjero es absolutamente imposible.

Ademas no me parece juicioso sacar sus ahorros de España en este momento. El pais esta en buen camino para volver a ser dinamico y en crecimiento, el FMI ha revisado al alza su prevision de crecimiento en 2014 y 2015... Mejor seria invertir en la bolsa española !

Si el tema es conseguir mejor tasa de interes tal vez deberia ponerse en contacto con bancos en Sur America.
Alla se puede invertir en Certificado de Deposito a Plazo Fijo y las tasas son de 4 a 6%. Pero se enfrente con el riesgo de cambio...

Bonjour,

Pour ceux qui ne comprennent pas le fond de la discussion :

So, does anyone have any advice or suggestion in a bank that offers:
+ Current account with check free or with low commissions.
+ Possible to open for non-French tax-residents, without a French address.
- I do not care about the bank (debit/credit) card, I have many others.
- I do not mind if the written documentation / web site is in French only, I will find my way.

Pablo est espagnol et recherche une banque en France qui accepterait de lui ouvrir un compte courant sans justificatif de domicile car il n'a pas d'adresse sur le territoire.

Il se moque d'avoir une CB car il en a déjà.
Il veut le minimum de frais, voir pas du tout.
Il se moque que le site ou les documents de la banque ne soient qu'en français.

Voilà, si vous avez une solution, même en français. :)

Pablo est espagnol et recherche une banque en France qui accepterait de lui ouvrir un compte courant sans justificatif de domicile car il n'a pas d'adresse sur le territoire.

Pas seulement un compte courant : un ou des livrets d'épargne (c'est le but de sa démarche).
Vu que c'est déjà pas simple pour un français expatrié, c'est mission impossible pour un étranger non résident... Sauf à avoir une adresse de complaisance en France, mais ça je ne le conseille pas...

Hello

If your objective is to make some savings in FRANCE you need necessarily a fiscal address according to the legislation in force

By thinking well there is of multiple way officials to have an address in FRANCE

Consequently you can have access needs

Cordially

TRADUCTION

Bonjour

Si votre l'un de vos objectifs est de faire de l'épargne en FRANCE il vous faut obligatoirement une adresse fiscale selon la législation en vigueur

En réfléchissant bien il y a de multiples moyen officiels pour avoir une adresse en FRANCE

Par conséquent vous pourrez avoir accès a tous vos besoins

Cordialement

Bonjour,

Voilà, si vous avez une solution, même en français. :)

Ce n'est pas possible :

Service.Public.fr

Mise à jour le 23.09.2013 - Direction de l'information légale et administrative (Premier ministre)

Ouverture du compte

Vérification de l'identité

La personne qui demande l'ouverture d'un compte doit présenter une pièce d'identité officielle comportant une photographie, c'est-à-dire, en pratique :
• une carte nationale d'identité,
• ou un passeport,
• ou une carte de séjour UE,
• ou un autre titre de séjour.
La production du permis de conduire peut être acceptée, si la photo ne laisse aucun doute sur l'identité de la personne.

Justification du domicile

La personne qui demande l'ouverture d'un compte doit ensuite justifier de son domicile.

Elle s'acquitte de cette obligation par tout moyen. Elle peut, par exemple, fournir un avis d'imposition , une quittance de loyer, une facture d'eau ou d'électricité.

Est acceptée comme justificatif l'attestation d'élection de domicile présentée par une personne ne disposant pas d'un domicile stable

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F2413.xhtml

Cdt

Pas seulement un compte courant : un ou des livrets d'épargne (c'est le but de sa démarche).

Ok, je n'avais pas encore lu dans son second message la raison de cette démarche.

Donc c'est un chasseur de livrets boostés, comme vous les aimez. ;)

On s'internationalise... :biggrin:

Retour